Monday, June 24, 2013

March 2013

Catch up time! Here is what the month of March looked like for us:

March 1st: Eve did a decent amount of this.  She is my little dream baby.  I cannot get enough!
March 5th: We got more snow... and we were kind of getting over it because, well, it was MARCH after all.  But we all still had fun in it (well, not so much Eve.  She napped while we had fun in it).  It was the kind of snow that is super dense and wet, and the kids didn't have the right kind of gloves for it, so I had to become a bit resourceful so the kids would last a little longer outside, without freezing their little fingers off.  For the record, they didn't know any better, and thought it was pretty cool.  That's one of my major goals as a parent: set standards low.  Ha!
 

We were so glad that Craig could play too this time!






March 10th:  I instagram Eve's cuteness.  Seriously, CANT. GET. ENOUGH!



March 12th:  WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!  So this was a pretty huge deal.  We had lived in the townhouse that we were renting for 5 years.  It felt like a mansion to us when we first moved in and had only baby Ella (8 months at the time).  Two kids, law school, and 4 1/2 years later we still liked the townhouse, but it was feeling very tight!  Also, since we knew we would be in Charlottesville for the long haul, it was time to stop pouring money into rent, and start investing in our own property.  We closed on May 15th, and moved in that weekend.  I will write more about that later, but for right now I will just say that we absolutely LOVE our house, and feel so blessed to be living here!



On that day we also did normal things, like go to the park.  What a cute boy.


 
March 14:  Craig and I had a nice date night out at my favorite restaurant in Cville, Savour.  Seriously.  Everything I have ever had there has been fantastic.  That night for our starter we had corn bisque with lump crab meat - and let me tell you... every single bite was the best thing I have ever had in my life.  Ah-mazing! (If you cant tell, I get pretty excited about food).

  

And the cute couple.  That's normal to say about myself and hubs, right? ha!


March 22nd:  Ella ran into my room and excitedly told me to check out her pile of stuffed animals that she arranged in her room.  This is what I found.  Cutest pile of stuffed animals ever.  And cutest big sister ever.



March 23:  We headed to Richmond to celebrate Isaacs birthday with Craigs side of the family.  It was a lot of fun, and Isaac felt pretty special!  I'll write more about that on the next post.



Evie crawling around Grama and Grandpa's floor on that day.


Evie and her adorable cousin Katherine looking like that are having a real conversation. 

So. Stinkin. Cute.


March 24th:  Ella and Eve wore matching dresses from their Grama to church.  Ella LOVES it when they match!  Even if they don't match at all, she will still find a common color in their clothes (a white background to her shirt, and maybe white flower petals on Eve's onsie) and laugh and get excited about how they are matching.  I love it.

 

On that day we also got more snow.  Yes, on March 24th.  I know.



March 25th: Ella LOVES baby Evie.  It looks like the feeling in mutual.



In March I also did a 6 Month photo shoot of Eve.  You can see it here.

 Facebook-worthy quotes:

March 12: Totally loving the new Pink song. Like obsessing over it.

I am making Craig listen to the song right now. We were halfway through and Craig said in a disgusted voice "Lorel, you are doing the 'embarrassing mom dance' right now. ... Seriously."


March 22: Craig, after absentmindedly squirting a huge amount of Reddi Wip straight into his mouth in front of the kids, remembered his audience and said... "Sooo kids, that is something you should never do."

 

No comments: