Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Meatballs!

So I have been trying new recipes lately, and decided that every time I make something new that I really like I will post the recipe on my blog. So here we go!

A couple of nights ago I decided that we eat way too much chicken... I just never buy any other kind of meat because everything else just seems too expensive! I made myself buy ground beef because I was watching The Biggest Loser (I usually don't watch it) but they were saying for a low fat meal, make meatballs! So I did, but I don't think the recipe is super low fat because of the parmesan cheese, but it was super delicious and filling- so maybe I ate less? Anyway, here it is!


Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds of lean beef
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 large slightly beaten egg
½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
2 teaspoons of salt (can use less)
1 teaspoon of black pepper
½ cup of milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons of dried parsley

Step 1: Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl.
Step 2: Shape the mixture into small-medium sized meatballs. At this point if you don’t want to cook these right now you could put them in the freezer for later.
Step 3: Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees, and place the meatballs in a baking dish.
Step 4: Put your meatballs in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Another cooking method is to simmer the meatballs in pasta sauce for about 40 minutes. This will give them great flavor and texture.

I made 12 medium/large meatballs and I could barely eat two with my pasta. So this can probably feed a crowd. Or use the leftovers in subs or something!

Oh yeah, and the critics loved them!


4 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I grew up on a meatball recipe my mom made that I definitely did not love. Then my sister has an almost candied meatball recipe with a lot of brown sugar that is so yummy, but so full of sugar. I will have to try your recipe now!

Maddy said...

mmm yum yum. i love it when britton accepts something I eat :)

Christine said...

Love that pic of Ella. I also love the wipes cases-so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks delicious!