Friday, November 7, 2008

My baby is getting so big!!!

I feel like Ella is changing all of the time... she especially has lately. Craig and I were talking about how she just does so many new things, and she just gets it now! She's a real kid! So I decided that it would be a good idea to write about the new things she can do.

  • She says "mama" "daddy" "Ella", babbles constantly, and as of two days ago can say "key" (she LOVES playing with our keys)
  • She clicks her tongue and makes kissy noises
  • She can walk around with me if I am holding one of her hands. She has taken a couple of steps... but I don't feel like she will be ready for solo walking anytime too soon
  • When we say "I'm gonna get you" she immediately will stop whatever she is doing (even if it didn't seem like she was paying attention to us at all before that) and crawl away as fast as she can. She looks back every few crawls to see where we are and laughs hysterically
  • When I ask where certain toys are she will look at them or crawl to them to show me ("where is the ball?", "where are the stars?", "where is your cup?")
  • She only uses her binki when she sleeps; so when I pick her up from her crib she knows to leave the binki in the crib. Today when she woke up I let her bring it to the computer room with me, but before we went downstairs I took her to her crib and said "put the binki in your crib" and she took it out of her mouth and threw it in the crib! I was so proud of her!
  • She pulls herself up to the window and just stares out waiting to see people so she can squeel and wave.
  • She sings opera! I was singing opera in the car (I can't sing... but I still do it anyway), and she was mimiking the sounds, even making them high and low when I did some of the time.
  • She eats pretty much what we eat... so I don't really have to buy much baby food anymore!
  • We can now ask her for hugs and kisses and she knows how to give them. She will lay her head on you as a hug, and open her mouth and put it against you as a kiss!
  • She knows how to play catch. I will throw or roll the ball to her, and she will throw it back.
  • She usually can hold her own. She plays with our friend's little boy a lot, and if she feels like he is getting too close (he likes to hug her, dance with her... all good things, but sometimes she just doesn't want it) she will try to smack his face, pull his hair, squirm away. It's okay, he is super cute and thinks it's really funny.
Well, that is all I can think of right now. Girlfrien' is a blast!

10 comments:

Maddy said...

Are you trying to figure out your blog? Maybe I can help you tomorrow... I just got some new ideas from you on what I can try with Britt. I'm glad we can learn off of each other :) I think Ella is better at some stuff because she's a girl, and girls just seem to GET some things faster than boys haha

Becky R. said...

That is so fun! I love it when they get to the point of really understanding and even comunicating back to you-it's just so fun and cool and amazing! It sounds like she may be walking soon... :) I love your blog title-it looks great!

Amy said...

Ummm...Charlie was just telling me that he's really offended that Ella rejects his advances in such a violent way.

Olivia Goldman said...

That is so awesome! Ella is growing up so fast, I can't believe how much time has gone by since we last saw you guys. Anyway, I can't wait until Alex starts to really interact with us and do some of the things that Ella is doing now.

Christine said...

I love that little Ella! I also love your new blog header. I need some help learning how to design Christmas cards!

Tiffany said...

So fun! She sounds so big and so cute and fun! Love your new blog look!

Maddy said...

i just got your text... the background looks so good! It's very you and I love it. I'm glad you figured it out!

Cami said...

She is so cute, I love when they start walking and you won't have to lug her around anymore!

Maria said...

They grow so fast! She sounds like she is doing great! If we ever get to VA we will have to get together and let our kid play!

Taylor Family said...

Too cute! I can't wait until Alyssa is at that stage. It is so much fun! I love the new header. you are way too talented!