We had a nice, low key Halloween this year. Ella was going to be an elephant, but by the time the costume was on sale it didn't have time to ship to us. So I bought her some wings and a tutu and decided that she would be a fairy! On Thursday night we went to the law school's Halloween bash that they put on for the kids. Ella didn't really get it and didn't crack a smile the entire time, but she looked super cute and she made lots of people smile! Then Friday we just hung out at home, gave kids candy, played Mario Kart on the Wii.
First, here are Ella and Craig in the backyard... the entire thing is covered with leaves, and Ella had a lot of fun playing in it!

Ella granting wishes at the law school party



On Halloween. Ella loved playing with all of the candy... and we seriously gave out the nastiest candy. I really did have good intentions! I bought a big bag of Reese's mixed candy and also a bag of cheap gummies just in case. Well, Craig and I ate all of the cups, stix, and fast breaks, and left the pieces and gummies for the kids.

Ella already knows that as far as candy goes (even though they aren't very good) pieces are still better than gummies.


Ella has been a little sick girl lately. A couple of weeks ago she had a bad stomach virus and it was just so sad seeing her weak for days without being able to keep anything down. At one point I just turned on cartoons (she doesn't even watch cartoons, but I knew it always made me feel better when i was a kid) and made a little bed for her on the floor with her paci and throw up bowl close by. She stayed like this for hours without moving. So sad! Also, today she had her first flu shot (she has to go in again to get the second dose), and she was definitely a trooper. She didn't even react when they gave her the shot... but then a few hours later started running a fever and acted very weak and tired again. Poor girl needs a break! Her little body has gone through too much!

Also, I can't forget to tell you that whenever I see previews for Twilight I get major chills! I can't wait until the 21st!

7 comments:
What a cute fairy! Awww, I wish I could meet her!
It's so sad when babies are sick! I hope she gets feeling better. I remember this time last year, Isabelle had a constant runny nose. Lately she has been coughing through the night...and not coughing once during the day. Sad. I love Ella's pouty face...especially since you posted about her frowning anytime the camera goes off. That's awesome!
We should get together as girls to go see Twilight (Spencer just doesn't get it). I love how Ella never smiled-she is such a cutie!
That last picture is hilarious! I love little Ella. I am totally with Becky about going to see Twilight!
I'm so sad we never saw Ella on Halloween. She sure was cute!
Awww, poor little thing! I hope she's feeling better soon! She was definitely a cute fairy.
I like that picture of Ella and Craig sitting in the leaves. She is a very cute fairy - way to throw that costume together!
Post a Comment