Monday, April 26, 2010

I Love My Kids


My kids... that is a little weird to see in writing. Pretty official. Actually, giving birth made it pretty official. Things have been going really well lately. Isaac had a bad five or six days where he was just not a happy baby. He would be fussy anytime he was awake, and then cry almost inconsolably from about 6:30-10 or 11 every night. I was pretty stressed and worried about him being a colicky baby... and not looking forward to the months I thought I had ahead of me. I decided to cut chocolate out of my diet (I had been eating crazy amounts every day for some reason) - and that was the trick! Ever since I stopped he has been a happy baby. Yay!

I finally feel like I have being a mom to two under control. I love my kids so much. Ella is just as sweet as ever to her little brother... always stroking his face and saying "Ohhhh cute!" with every little move he makes. and Isaac is just a precious baby boy... and so handsome!

I feel very blessed!

11 comments:

Maddy said...

you're my hero. i am so nervous about when i have another baby and i just force myself not to think about it. sorry if my trip out there stressed you out!

Olivia Goldman said...

Your two little ones are the cutest! I'm so glad that you are doing well, and that being a mom of two is treating you well. It gives me courage for whenever I'll have another kid.

Becky R. said...

You do have cute kids, and I'm glad cutting out the chocolate worked, it's nice to know you have some control. :)

Lenore said...

Good for you,,'rel. I am so glad that you figured that out. I just can't stop looking at that picture. The lighting, the hair, the babies. That is just a sweet iconic picture that you and your kids will look back on as a beautiful, classic picture of them and their young Mommy! I don't think we realized that our Mom was young and beautiful until we look back at the pictures when we are all older! She was just Mom!

Cami and Juan said...

You look genuinely happy in that picture. I'm glad you found a fix to that 5 days of terror. OK maybe that word is a little harsh, but sounds like it was pretty tough. Sad news for me- Amelia doesn't like when I eat Cafe Rio.

Christine said...

so glad you figured out the chocolate bit!

Rachelle said...

Adorable picture! Your kids are just so stinkin cute!!! I am so glad Issac is a happier baby! When I was close to having West I got nervous that he was going to cry all the time like Jack, I am so glad he did not follow in his brother's footsteps. Jack actually has a cars game that we put on the counter in the bathroom and he gets to play with it if he stays dry all day. He also gets to hold it while he is on the toilet. It works pretty well.

Shelly Beth said...

What a cute picture! I am so glad that you figured out the crying problem! It can drive you crazy, literally, if your baby cries unconsolably for hours on end every night. Aubree did that for a long time until we got her reflux medicine. I happy baby makes all the difference! Continue to enjoy mothering two :)

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

You guys are so cute! Beautiful picture. Glad to hear that things are going well and that Isaac isn't crying as much! That's definitely good for everyone.

Also, to me, Isaac looks like Craig did as a baby in that picture.

Taylor Family said...

What a great picture of you all! I'd have to agree that Issac is the most handsome baby boy around. When do you come back to C'ville? Just wondering if we'll see you again before we move.

Amber said...

So glad the chocolate did the trick. Yay! Oh and we miss you already.