
Well, actually, first my cake. Isn't it pretty? This is how I show my patriotism... I can always find a reason to make a desert. It was dang good too. The perfect summer cake. Just two layers of white cake (would have used yellow if I had it because I like it better), homemade whipped cream mixed with a quart of crushed strawberries, then topped with strawberries. Yum!
Okay, now my kids...

After church last Sunday Ella was outside playing with Snickers, the family dog, and she just looks so perfect to me... I had to snap some shots. Ella has been showing her terrible-two side a lot more recently ... and has spend a bit of time in time-out... but to make up for it, she has been pretty fun and hilarious too. She is still always pretending that she is hiding from the "beast" and the "witch". She still loves to dance - and loves anything princess related. She also busted out in the robot dance the other day during lunch. So that was pretty cool.
She loves her brother and is always saying "awwww, so cute!" "awww, baby, shhhh it's okay" and will lay down next to him and yell "Mom, look! Two babies!"
Her favorite songs are Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, Popcorn Popping (two songs from church)
I wish I could remember some of the funny things she has said lately. I need to remember to write them down when they happen.


I showed Ella how to make a chin-face the other day. She thought it was pretty awesome. I remember thinking the same thing about it when I was younger. My siblings and I would draw chin faces all the time on ourselves and would make plays and sing songs and laugh hysterically for hours. Sighhhhh, the good ol' days!


My sweet Isaac. I am seriously loving every stage of his so far. I really enjoy having a new baby so much to cuddle with. He gives me lots of smiles, giggles, and coo's... and will just stare up at me and smile as if I was the only thing in his world. I love him so much!
He loves it when people smile at him - and almost always gives huge smiles in response.
He has a very dark complexion. I have even had multiple people ask me what nationality he is. haha... I wish I had something a little more exciting to tell them than "white."


7 comments:
i remember you and triest doing chin face plays for me all the time!! i wonder if britton would get it...
and your kids really are precious. i hope my 2nd is as good as isaac!
Ok, I have a few things to say.
1- I could probably eat that entire cake. It looks SO GOOD! It probably doesn't help that I'm on a low/no-carb diet right now, so everything with A carb sounds delish.
2- your kids are gorgeous. Ella's dress is so cute! Where do you get their clothes? Baby GQ?
3- I think every child should be introduced to chin-faces early, so way to be on the ball:)
4- YOUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL! I can't say that enough! I thought Isaac looked just like Craig, but now he's starting to look a lot like you and Ella. And I love how dark he is! Ross was a lot like that, so some babies are just blessed with dark skin:) It was so good seeing you last month! Your family is beautiful!
Your kids are SO gorgeous!!! And that cake looks SOOOOO good!!! I love Isaac's dark skin, all the kids in my family had that as well. =)
Maybe your African American heritage is coming out in Issac. I just love your kids and miss you!
You're making me baby hungry with your last few posts. I'm so glad Issac is such a good baby. My kids still talk about Ella all the time. She looks so grown up in those pictures.
Fun post! The cake looks great and so do the pictures of Ella! I love the Issac sandwich and the chin faces too. I'll have to show my kids that sometime!
Love the Isaac sandwich. He does have a really dark complexion, handsome man.
Post a Comment