Two Fridays ago we went with Craigs mom to see Cirque du Soleil - Alegria... and it was only 5 minutes from our home! Oh my goodness. It was so good. The music was so beautiful, the acts were insane, and the costumes so cool. I LOVED it. Here is a weird fact about me: I really love things that have a weird/maybe a little creepy/old school circusy feel. I have loved every song I've heard that features the typical circus tune (if you know a song that features this that is heavy metal, though, I would hate it), I used to see a band called Monkey Grinder every Halloween when I lived in Utah (they are a dark/circusy sounding rock band), and I appreciate clowns with frowns. Just sayin.
Ella, Craig, and Pam outside of the venue
Getting pumped for the show!
sorry... no pictures of the show. Against the rules. But here is a shot of me and Craig since we don't have many pictures together!
The next day was the start of General Conference weekend. We really enjoyed listening to the talks from some of the church leaders, and we enjoyed watching it with some of my family. Between conference sessions we took a walk with the kids and my parents. It was a beautiful day, so of course my camera came along.
Last week there was one day with absolutely perfect weather. The neighborhood took full advantage of that, and we had our kids run around in a little sprinkler... on the pavement... haha. Luckily there were no big accidents. Isaac even got in on the action was was completely soaked (but very happy) by the end.
Ella has been impressing us quite a bit lately. Today she gave her first prayer in front of all of the other kids in Primary, and did a really great job with very little help! Craig stood up there with her and just said the first word... and then Ella did the rest of the prayer alone. We were pretty proud.
We had been pumping her up for the prayer all week... and she got a little sick of us talking about it and started refusing to pray at all. We told her that when people gives things to us, we always need to say "thank you." We then told her that God loves her so much that He gives her so many great things, but she needs to especially remember to say thank you to Him.
After that conversation, Ella and I went downstairs because I had promised her a scoop of ice cream that night, and this was our converstation:
Ella: Okay Mom. I want to get ice cream and I want you to have some too.
Me: I dont really want any right now
Ella: But you need it because God loves you and He wants you to eat ice cream.
I guess I can't argue with that!
Here is a picture of the drawings that Ella did a couple of days ago. She drew every person in our family. I love them, and think she's got a really cool style going on!
and last... ugh...
Isaac chipped his tooth on Friday! This makes me so sad. He was sitting on my lap while I was checking my email, started getting upset, and threw his face down onto the computer desk. Luckily it is not a huge chip... I am taking him into the dentist tomorrow to get it smoothed out. I am just concerned that since it was such a hard hit it will turn into a dead tooth. Poor boy.
Despite that one set-back, April has been pretty great so far!









6 comments:
I LOVE Ella's drawings! I love seeing how little kids see things, you know? And Isaac's poor chipped tooth, at least it's a baby tooth, right?
I know all about chipped and dead teeth! So frustrating. The funny thing is that my girls were the ones injuring their teeth, not my boy. I hope it won't discolor, but if it does, it's not the end of the world. Kami looks cute with her gap :)
Welcome to boys. Lincoln's dentist took one look at his teeth and said "he's a rambunctious kid, huh?" I love Ella's drawings too, she really does have a great style!
I am lovin Ella's art. Tell her I need her to draw my family's portraits :) And poor Isaac. Our Isaac chipped the very same tooth when he was that age...and now it's still chipped 4 years later. Good thing he'll get new ones!
That is so neat that Ella said the prayer in primary, and her drawings are amazing!! I am sorry Issac chipped his tooth, it might be a boy thing, both my boys have chipped one of their front teeth, hopefully it ends there. Your kids are just so cute, I love it!!
That is so nice that you have so many friends right there. The friend with the baby bump is so cute. That is cool that Ella said the prayer at church and her drawings are great!
Post a Comment