Some interesting facts about the I-Guy:
-He has taken a few steps, but still shows no interest in taking walking more seriously than that.
-He thinks that "red light, green light" and "mother may I?" are hilarious... and loves watching and cracking up at his sister and her friend when they play those games.
-He has been climbing up steps for a while, but a few weeks ago he finally learned how to go down the stairs backwards. We don't fully trust him going down our large set of stairs (not carpeted), but it is SO nice on our main floor where we have two steps that lead down to the kitchen/dining area. He is a pro.
-He likes the games pat-a-cake, how big is Isaac, peek-a-boo, if your happy and you know it
-He loves to give kisses. He will just touch his open mouth to my face and call it good.
-He loves to act like he is going to give me a kiss, then bite me instead. It seriously is the worst.
-He loves playing with Ella
-He is a pro climber and ball thrower. These are two of his favorite things to do.
-He is very very active. Much more than Ella ever was!
-He sucks his thumb only when he is trying to go to sleep and when he has his special blanket. He even has a massive blister/callous from sucking on his thumb so hard at night.
-when he is sitting up and playing with things, he always criss crosses his legs.
That's enough for now. Here are some recent pictures and some pics from his b-day party.
Cris-Cross
He always loves to climb on Ella bed and jump around. He also loves to go limp and fall off when he knows Craig and I are there to catch him.
The other night, when the kids were getting ready for bed, I showed Isaac his nighttime blanket and he just collapsed right where he was and started sucking his thumb. I thought it was pretty funny, so I hid the blanket - he got up and played and crawled around - and then when I showed the blanket to him again he just collapsed and sucked his thumb again! It happened about 5 times, and was pretty hilarious.
Sometimes he gets upset at me when I don't let him suck on sticks.
Climbing down the stairs! I cannot explain to you how happy this makes me! Saves me so much stress! He has been doing it for weeks now, but still EVERY SINGLE TIME he does it, Ella yells "MOM! Look! Isaac is going down the steps! Wow. Good job, Bud!" And because of all of her positive reinforcement, he is pretty dang proud of himself every time too.
Usually the only pictures I have with Isaac are the ones that I take... and usually I am kissing him in the pictures. But if I wanted to show a more realistic view of how I am with him, I would take pictures of myself biting and gnawing on his chubby legs, belly, and cheeks. I seriously cannot control myself. He is just so irresistible that my animal instincts take over and I just have to attack!
Last Sunday we had a birthday party for Isaac. We invited all of our family members who live in Va. I was really looking forward to it, and had big plans for a nice outdoor BBQ - thinking that the kids could run around and eat outside, while the adults would have plenty of room to relax and talk inside. Well, it snowed on Isaacs b-day. Crazy!!! So it was a bit crowded, but a whole lot of fun anyway! A big thanks to our families who came out for it! It made Isaac's big day very special.
all of the kids
most of the adults
the rest
Don't grab the flame!
... and embarrassingly enough, he ate the cake like like he's been doing it for years. It didn't phase him at all, and he scarfed it down faster than anyone else.
Family shot of the night - not so great, but at least we were in it together!

9 comments:
He's so cute, and I can't believe he's already 1! Time sure does fly!
I love his whispy curls by his ears. And that is perfect that you have those 2 steps for him to master going down stairs. I'm constantly trying to show Amelia, but it would be so nice if she could practice without me right there by her every time. I love that Isaac tricks you and goes in for a bite instead of a kiss, hilarious! Happy Birthday to the little man.
I absolutely love the curl in his hair! I can't believe he is already one! He is a handsome little man!
I can't believe he's one as well! I also can't believe it snowed. Crazy!!!! Give him a big hug and kiss from us.
I don't blame you for loving his chubbiness! It is pretty stinkin' cute! What a fun birthday for the little man.
Happy Birthday Isaac! He is so so so cute! Wish our kids could play! They would have so much fun.
Happy Birthday Isaac! He is so so so cute! Wish our kids could play! They would have so much fun.
Can I just say that I love that little guy's eyes?! Looks like a fun party, sad we missed it!
gosh what a doll. your kids are so cute! I can't believe he's already 1!
Post a Comment