The next day, Friday, Craig and the kids, along with my dad, two brothers, and my nephew came to have a beach day with us. It was so fun, and the kids had a blast. Ella and Isaac both loved being held in the ocean/jumping over waves, and playing in the sand. This was Isaac's first trip to the beach and Ella's second! Hopefully we'll go back soon!
On Saturday we had a surprise brunch for my mom to celebrate her 60th birthday! She had most of her girlfriends and their spouses there, most of her kids there, and lot's of delicious food. I'd say it was a success. On the menu: fresh fruit with honey yogurt dip, biscuits with homemade blackberry butter and toasted pecan honey butter, spinach/tomato/bacon quiche, and a whoopee pie cake (my mom's favorite).
My parents with five of their six kids, along with Craig, Easton, and Ella.
During their trip we also went to my little brother, Cordell's, high school graduation (I still can't believe it!!!), celebrated Father's Day, and had a heated political conversation which I plan to never ever do again.





4 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. I love the silhouettes you gave Craig, so cute!
Oh my goodness. I can't get over Isaac's chub a chubs on the beach. I love summer pictures. I will be kind of close to a beach soon, so weird. Your sister trip sounds amazing, always good to get away for a night.
Sounds like a great time, except for the heated political debate! I hate that sort of thing too!
Girls beach trip, surprise for your mom, and hanging out with your fam sound great!
What fun! I love those cute curly haired kids of yours. I so wish Jake and Isaac could be friends. They would love each other!
Post a Comment