Last Monday (Memorial Day) was my 26th birthday. For the last couple of years I have felt extremely young on my birthdays... I am 26 with two kids! That is just crazy... but I love it and feel so blessed to have those precious little people in my life. After a busy weekend of our car breaking down, going to Gemma's wedding rehearsal, wedding, and reception (which were all a BLAST and I will post more about it later), it was nice to have a little easy-going birthday. We went to a beautiful park call Maymont in Richmond with the kids that morning, and then went out to dinner that night. My most favorite thing of the day was the adorable card that Craig and the kids made me.
Craig wrote down 26 reason why he, Ella, and Isaac love me... and it was color coordinated with who "said" what. I just want to share the things that Ella had Craig write on the card for her, and the things that Isaac "said," or what Craig interpreted his pointing to things to mean. (This was made while I was still sleeping in the morning, which is the reasoning behind Ella's first three comments)
Why Ella loves me:
- Because I want to see her
- I want to see her really
- I want to see her... (singing)
- Kiss me
- That she loves me
- Because she hugs me
- Before she sees me so badly
- Because she was by me
- She put me into bed
Why Isaac loves me:
(Reaches for door handle) = She opened the gates of life for me
(Grabs ball) = She plays with me
(Smiles) = She makes me happy
(Points to cup) = She sustains my life
(Babble) = She is teaching me to speak
(Points to art supplies) = She will teach me to color
I loved Ella's line, "before she sees me so badly." Huh?! haha. and I love how Craig interpreted Isaac's pointing. And of course what Craig said was really sweet too.
It was, indeed, a happy birthday!
6 comments:
so cute! glad you had a wonderful day!
Glad you had a good birthday. I love that idea for birthday cards.
Wow you had a busy weekend. How nice that you got to sleep in, and that Ella missed you so much :)
I love the birthday card, how cute, and you got to sleep in, that must have been heaven!!
Happy belated birthday! What a cute card. I'll have to remember that idea for mark's birthday.
I love your card! So so cute!
Post a Comment