Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ella is 4!

Ella turned 4 on December 10th.  I seriously have a four year old... how crazy is that?  And I kind of really love the big girl that she is becoming.  She is our kind, sweet, caring, and sensitive child.  She is also pretty darn hilarious, and has definitely got spunk to her (... and an attitude sometimes which I can do without, but also is a little funny at times as well). 

I straightened her hair for her birthday (Dec 10th), because she had been asking me to straighten it forever.  After I straightened it I handed her a comb, and she looked at it nervously and asked, "Is it really okay for me to comb my hair?"  Haha.  Poor Ella has been deprived of her little girl fantasy of being able to come her hair because of those curls.

She does so many things that make us proud on a daily basis.  She did one thing in particular that really stuck out to us a few months ago.  There is a little girl at her preschool who had been having a really hard time leaving her mom, and wanted the teachers to hold her a lot.  Ella noticed that this girl was a little nervous about school, and went up to her and asked her if she wanted to play.  The girl was happy to have another child wanting to play with her... and Ella plays with her and sits by her often now. I love that!  What a special and caring girl Ella is.

We had a few different birthday celebrations for her.  One with Craigs parents, one with my parents, a family day, and then a little birthday party with a few friends. Here are some pics:

Ella in her Ariel dress-up from Grandma and Grandpa

The next day, she opened her presents from us... while still wearing her ariel dress-up

Sunday shoes and a Barbie horse.

and the day after that, we celebrating with her Grammy and Papa with cake and ice cream.  And she was still wearing her Ariel dress-up.

Then last Tuesday we had a birthday party for her with 3 of her friends.

I made them each their own individual 3-teired cake to decorate.  All of the girls were pretty excited!

... and Isaac scavenged the whole time.  He probably ate a whole cup of skittles that night.
Looks good, Ella!
Then we sang "Happy Birthday" to Ella, while she held on to her friends hand and stared at her the whole time.  It was a little odd... and funny.
The girls played "Pin the Horn on the Unicorn."  Ella felt pretty good about her pink horn's placement and thought she got it right.  Craig thought she got it right too.  I guess they haven't had much unicorn exposure.
Ella opened a few gifts
...and I read a book to the group.

The last birthday activity:  Her favorite, Sweet Frogs.


Ella's Birthday Q and A:

1. What is your favorite color? Pink and purple

2. What is your favorite toy? Umm...a princess and a mermaid

3. What is your favorite fruit? Cucumber

4. What is your favorite tv show? Super Why

5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? The yummy kind of mac n cheese (not to be mistaken for the yucky homemade kind)

6. What is your favorite outfit?  Mariah's dress up that she gave me when it was my birthday

7. What is your favorite game? Pretending to be Rapunzel and you (me) are a mean witch

8. What is your favorite snack? a chocolate "gonorla" bar

9. What is your favorite animal? umm, a pretty dog

10. What is your favorite song? I love to see the temple

11. What is your favorite book? Taking A Bath With My Dog

12. Who is your best friend? Ada, Carrington, Mariah, Eliza

13. What is your favorite cereal? The one with the cereal and strawberries

14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play Rapunzel

15. What is your favorite drink? Hot Chocolate

16. What is your favorite holiday? Umm, playing with my friends. (then I explained what I meant by "holiday")  Oh, my birthday and Christmas. Christmas is good because we can put the ornaments on our Christmas tree.

17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Snow White, but not the baby one.

18. What do you want to be when you grow up?  Mommy and take care of animals.

19.  What's the funniest thing you've ever heard?  Um, pretend that we are a sea witch, and pretend that we are so funny.

20.  Do you like straight hair or curly hair?  Um straight hair because I only like it.  Actually I like curly hair and straight hair so much.

We love our big 4 year old!

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

She looks different with straight hair! And that Ariel wig cracked me up. I can't believe she is 4 either Lorel, that is just crazy. I love the questionnaire idea and of course it was fun to see Isaac getting in on the fun.

Rachelle said...

Ella is so cute with straight hair, I love it. She looks so much like you. It is crazy to believe that our kids are four now. I love her Ariel clothes, so cute!!