Friday, December 2, 2011

Reupholstered.

I did it.  Tackled my first (and hopefully last) reupholstery project... well besides dinning room chairs... but that doesn't really count.  I bought two of these chairs at a yard sale a couple of months ago for $3 each:

They have a pretty cool style to them, and are very very sturdy chairs.  They were fairly clean, so I thought I could get away with just painting the wood white, and leaving the burnt orange, since I dont mind that color.  Then we bought a leather couch (which after all transactions were said and done, ended up not costing anything (after selling our couches and then buying a super crazy deal couch and selling for a bit more)), and the burnt orange mixed with the dark brown leather looked way too 70's for me.

I decided that I liked them enough to try and tackle a reupolstery project.  I didn't know what I was getting myself into, and I can (almost) promise you that i will never ever attempt it again.  They aren't absolutely perfect, but I really loved how they turned out.

After a lot of hard work, sweat, and tears (really - it was that frustrating), this was the outcome:





10 comments:

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Awesome job, Lorel! That hard work paid off!

Maddy said...

they look awesome!!!! really, they look profesh. teach me??

Cami and Juan said...

I can't even imagine! I love the color you picked and what a steal for $3. Love your tree too.

Christine said...

They look absolutely amazing, but I am with you reupholstering is agonizing!

Rachelle said...

You did an awesome job! Those chairs look great!I probably would have given up.

Deborah said...

Lorel, They look Beautiful! Way to go! When I become a designer will you be my go to fix it woman?

Tiffany said...

Super cute!! Seriously, the picture next to the tree looks like a catalog!

Taylor Family said...

Good work!!!!

Amber said...

Great work Lorel! They are beautiful!!

Emily Fairbank said...

I would never be able to get into a project like that. Well done! They look amazing!