Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had another great Thanksgiving this year.  Ella celebrated early at her preschool by having a little Thanksgiving feast, making cool thanksgiving paper crafts, and making this awesome Thanksgiving shirt.  Look how excited and happy she is to be wearing it:

I also did some special Thanksgiving crafty things with the kids this year, and never took pictures... because that is what I do (or dont do) these days.  We made a Thanksgiving tree.  I just cut branches off of a tree in our yard, put them in a vase, and we wrote down things we were thankful for and hung them on the tree.  

The first thing that Ella said she was thankful for was, "the yummy kind of mac n cheese."  This is definitely not referring to my homemade mac n cheese (that I made for her once in her life, about a year ago), as she has made that very clear.  The yummy kind is from the box.  My homemade version has a different name... it is called, "The yucky kind of mac and cheese."  She reminds me a few times a week so that I wont accidentally make the yucky kind ever again.  Ha!

Also on the list were her friends, mom & dad, good food, dress-up, Isaac, and New York.

On Thanksgiving day we did the usual, and enjoyed two Thanksgiving dinners.  Craigs parents house at 1pm, and my parents house at 4pm.  Needless to say, by the end of the day we were stuffed!

At the Marshall house, when we first arrived, we wrote down a few things we were thankful for a put them in a jar.  At the end of dinner, we pulled the strips of paper out and took turns reading them.  My mother-in-law was a little shocked when she pulled this paper out:

"Okay... Who wrote this?!?  Who said they are thankful for poop?!"  

Ha!  My bro-in-law grabbed the slip of paper to see whose writing it was, and realized that Pam had just read it upside-down...

There was also another pretty special one in the jar:
I probably will never know who wrote that.  It really could have been anyone (or everyone).  :)

After dinner Isaac enjoyed giving me a cheesy smile, and enjoyed eating a special treat.


After the Marshall house, we went to my parents house and had another delicious feast.  And I didn't really take pictures, unfortunately.  BUT, I did take out my wedding dress and tried it on for Ella.  It was the first time I had had it on since the day I got married.  It really is a gorgeous dress, and I am happy to say it was a little roomy on me.  

Ella wanted to try it out too.  She thought she looked like a beautiful princess!  I thought so too. 

I am thankful that we had another wonderful Thanksgiving shared with our families.  I am also so thankful for my beautiful and healthy kids, and my smart and loving husband.  Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!  Let the Christmas festivities begin!

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I love that it was Craig's mom that provided everyone with the inappropriate mention of poop at Thanksgiving. Ha! Cracks me up. Isaac's dimples are just the best.

daniel.soderholm said...

Thanks for the funny memories. I will probably link to your blog when I finally get around to blogging again. I think it will be soon.