My Third Child
12/14/11: I know I am pregnant, without a doubt. My body just feels different. Pregnant different. But I wont know until the end of the month. The first day of my last period was 11/28.
12/22/11: I took a pregnancy test this morning, and it was negative. I thought since my body felt this way, that I might have high enough levels of hcg that it would show positive. I still think I’m pregnant.
12/25/11: Christmas morning - took another pregnancy test and it was (faintly) positive! What a great Christmas present! According to Baby Centers due date calculator, my due date should be: Sept 3, 2012.
1/2/12: Other than feeling tired and having a sensitive chest, I have no other symptoms yet. I should feel sick fairly soon, and when I do, I might be able to better guess the sex of the baby. Right now I am leaning towards a girl!
1/9/12: I’m exactly 6 weeks along today. Morning sickness has begun. It isn’t completely terrible right now, but it might be too early to tell.
1/16/12: Okay, it was definitely too early to tell. I am in full-swing morning sickness, and I feel like death. I’m throwing up all day long, and have no energy. It is really close to how I felt when I was pregnant with Ella... definitely no where near as “pleasant” (throwing up once a day) as my pregnancy with Isaac. I'm feeling confident that this baby is a girl at this point. If it’s not a girl, and I am feeling this sick, then I am scared to get pregnant again and have a girl because I wouldn't want it to be worse than this!
2/1/12: I’m still so sick. I'm only 9 weeks along, so that was expected... but some GOOD news... I talked to Lenore a few days ago, and she said that her dr recommended taking Unisom (sleeping aid) and B6 to help with the morning sickness for the next day. Well, I have done it a few times, and it really is helping. I still feel nauseous all day, and am still throwing up, but not nearly as many times a day as before, AND I can walk around. Before I couldn't get off the couch. So this is an improvement.
2/16/12: I met my baby today. I am am 11 ½ weeks along, and had my first dr’s appointment. I usually go to the dr’s around 8 weeks for my first visit, and have an ultrasound, and see the tiny little bean. But this time, since I was further along, the ultrasound was much more clear. I could see the little arms and legs, and the baby was moving so much! Baby looked like it was connected to a little bungee cord or something with all of the jumping and flips! It was a really special experience, and I completely fell in love with this 3rd child of mine.
2/27/12: I am 13 weeks pregnant today. The sickness continues. Still taking the morning sickness cocktail at night, and it is still helping to control it during the day. I have missed it 3 nights in the last few weeks, and the next day I am always back to how it was before - on the couch, unable to move. So I'm going to stick with it until I’m over the sickness. Our grocery/eating out bill has probably double during the last couple of months. Until just recently I wasn't able to make dinner at all. I probably went a whole month and a half straight without making dinner once. I would eat out most lunches, then do something frozen at night (along with fresh fruits and veggies). It makes me sick to think about frozen foods now, so I am starting to make real healthy dinners again... that is helping a little too.
Here I am today - 13 weeks along
and here is #3 at 11 1/2 weeks
It really was so special seeing the sweet baby for the first time. In all 50 states it is legal to abort babies at this stage. While there may be certain instances where a person might have to consider it as an option, the excuse (among many) that it is not a person and it does not matter, is not something I agree with in the least. A lot of people believe that its not really a person at this stage... that it is just a mass of cells. There is no doubt in my mind that my baby is already its own person. It is a precious baby that has arms and legs that move, a beating heart, and is as much of a person as you and me.
-----------------------------
-----------------------------


7 comments:
You look great!
Congrats! I hope your sickness doesn't last forever. I adore the last photo:)
Congratulations!! You look awesome. I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I hope you start feeling better soon.
I agree that your little baby is a person too! Those ultrasounds are fun to see. We are excited for you guys and also excited that our babies will be pretty close in age. Fun! Hope you feel a lot better soon!
You sure look great. I'm so sorry you don't feel as good as you look. I can't believe you knew you were pregnant so early :)
Ahh, so cute! We are the same size and I'm 14 months past delivery! Hope you get feeling better every day!
Congratulations! That's so exciting, and I have to say, you look gorgeous! I hope you get feeling better soon, I took the unisom and b6 and it helped me a ton.
Post a Comment