Me with Ella, Christian, and Victoria
I think Ella might have been in the middle of a yawn
P.S. I made apple crisp with the apples... and it was delicious! Here is the recipe:
Apple Crisp
Mix & Place in greased baking dish:
6 Cups Sliced and Peeled Apples (6 apples)
1 Cup Sugar
1 tbs Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
Topping:
3/4 Cup Oatmeal
3/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
Mix topping ingredients and crumble over the apple mixture. Drizzle 3/4 Cup Water over all and bake for 30-40 at 350 degrees.
I serve it with butter pecan ice cream and it is the perfect combination! (I got this recipe from my good friend Olivia)
------------
Also, I had been looking for a tv stand for a long time because our old one was not very stable... and it was getting harder and harder to keep Ella away from it. Well, I finally found something that would work the other day at the Salvation Army. It is really supposed to be an end table... but it was big enough, very stable, solid wood, and it was only $5!!! Sweetness! I got some paint from Lowes... primed, painted, and antiqued/distressed... and now it looks NEW-ish old!
letting Ella climb on the old unstable stand.
I didn't remember to take a picture until I had already put
some of the primer on, but you get the idea
Here she is! I might do some other things to it...
but we'll see if I get around to it.




11 comments:
I love it! And I love the color. good find!!
nice 'rel! what is your next painting going to be?
It looks great! I love finding good deals!
Way to go! The TV stand looks awesome and I love the color. Hey so we were apple picking that same day. We got there around 1ish and stayed till 4. I can't believe we didn't see you. Well I kinda can cause there were tons of people there. I am making apple crisp tonight! Yeah for apples!
Great Job Lorel! It looks great!
I'm glad you guys could do the apple picking - looks like it was fun and sounds yummy!
I knew you would be so good at giving furniture "make-overs". It looks really great. You saved tons of money!
LOVE the TV stand. Isn't it so rewarding to take something plain and make it into something amazing? I am glad that you enjoyed Carter Mountain. We went there last week and I was looking all over for a good Apple crisp recipe, so now I will have to try yours. I miss you-feel like i haven't seen you forever!
I want to go apple picking with you! I love a good hayride. I hear they have donuts, too. Mmmmm...donuts.
I love Carter's mountain! It's so fun to go. And great job on the TV stand!
Great work on your tv stand, you have a good eye for potential. I'm excited to try your recipe.
I really like you tv stand! Man can you believe our kids are almost a year!?! I remember the first time we saw Ella, she gets cuter and cuter every day! And you look great!!!! We miss you guys to, it has been forev!!
Post a Comment