Thursday, October 16, 2008

We Love Richmond

We went to Richmond to visit our families about a week or two ago and did a lot of fun things... so I just had to blog about it ( even though I'm a bit late) to show everyone why we love Richmond so much. We went to Maymont Park first. I love Maymont! It is so beautiful... they have amazing gardens (Italian, Japanese, and other specialty gardens), the Maymont mansion that you can tour, bears, a petting zoo area... and it is FREE! They also have carriage rides and tram rides (that are not free). My point is, if you are ever in Richmond, you need to go to Maymont Park... you will fall in love.

Feeding the ducks outside of Maymont


They were everywhere, freaky, and running after us and our bread



Ella in the Italian Garden at Maymont


We also went to the Metro Richmond Zoo with Craig's mom. That was a lot of fun too, and Ella really had a good time. She laughed and squeeled at lots of the animals (and at a tree or two)

You can pat a zebra?! i guess so!

2 comments:

Becky R. said...

I'm glad you posted about Richmond. I've never been because I don't really know anything about it so it's fun to see the places you love. We'll have to check them out sometime!

Jana said...

How fun! We really need to get together sometime when you're here. Yah for the zoo! haha