Okay, so I was right - I really am not ready for this! I had her in underwear all morning, she peed her pants twice. I know that is normal and expected when potty training, but I really feel like it's just a little too early for her right now with how she reacted to the whole thing (not to mention how I am reacting to the whole thing - stressed out of my mind!). So I didn't give it a good try, but I just know that I am not up for it right now!
Ella now has a toilet reward chart with stickers and prizes, so if she tells me she wants to go, or if she goes when I ask her then I will still go along with it all. But I just can't handle the hardcore no diapers and 3 days of craziness! Sorry to let you down!
11 comments:
Oh Lorel I hate potty training!!! I commend you for even trying. I totally sympathize with you! Can I just say that Nina (who will be 4 next week) has accidents probably 5 out of 7 days a week. I'm past crazy! Good luck, I bet she'll catch on before you know it!
LOL. You didn't let me down. I actually would have been amazed if you went through with it and it worked! Not that I don't believe in you (wink wink), but we have just struggled so hard that I have yet to see potty training work the first time around. Potty training in my LEAST FAVORITE thing as a parent. Isabelle has asked to use the potty twice in the last few days and refused to wear diapers yesterday afternoon and instead ran around in Arora underwear. I just go with it.
you were brave to at least try!!
Potty training stinks! I quit and restarted so many times with Isaac. I guess rather then say quitting I just tested out the waters to see if he was ready. It was kinda crazy bc when he was ready, he just did it! We had a lot of wet and poppy clothes before that though! But honestly, don't be worried about two kiddies in diapers. Besides the expense, I think it's easier! Once Isaac used the potty it was no fun dragging a baby into some nasty public restroom so he could go. It was so much easier just to changed two diapers...in my opinion.
And by the way....we are getting close to having these babies! Yay!! We have NO names picked out. Boys are hard!
Disappointed? I was ecstatic! I told Matt that if it worked that I would take Will off diapers at night. Now I don't have to! Your lack of fortitude has reinforced my lack of fortitude! Take it slow. She'll still pick it up faster than you think.
Disappointed? I was ecstatic! I told Matt that if it worked that I would take Will off diapers at night. Now I don't have to! Your lack of fortitude has reinforced my lack of fortitude! Take it slow. She'll still pick it up faster than you think.
I don't blame you. Claire did it in a week and I still wanted to pull my hair out. I really think it is one of the hardest things to do as a parent.
She still has plenty of time and she has enough changes to worry about with the new baby coming!
It's not a let down, it makes me feel better about Lincoln. He really struggled at first, but I set the timer and remind him and sometimes he actually tells me first. But, the accidents are getting fewer, it was definately rough at first (which is why I did give up for a couple weeks) but like I say, it's getting better. Good luck!
Lorel, you didn't let anyone down, in fact you did what's best. I tortured myself and Clayton for 2 months trying to potty train him when he wasn't ready yet. I just didn't want to give up, but I should have. With Kami I took a different approach (she was in charge of the when) and she was potty trained in a few days. Lyssie isn't remotely interested yet, and I learned my lesson with Clayton, so I'm in no rush to put us both through heck. Also, with the baby coming so soon, she could revert after it was born, and you don't need that stress, and neither does she, after the baby is born.
Good for you for trying! Maybe you'll both feel more ready soon. Juliet's terrified of the toilet, so I'm planning on getting one of those little ones (although I'm not excited about cleaning it out...) once the snow melts and I can drive, and we'll see if she'll at least consider the potty.
I tried potty training Jack about a month ago. He was doing really well, until he got sick. I had to stop because he did not feel good and was so fussy, he would not sit on the toilet. Well I have not started again, and don't really want to. I am going to wait till he shows more interest. Good luck!
Post a Comment