Let me start off by saying - I do not feel ready and I am scared out of my mind!
Okay, I have decided to start Ella's hardcore potty training tomorrow because... I would rather not have two kids in diapers, she is old enough to be potty trained, she pretty much understands the concept (but doesn't accept it yet), I'm okay with being trapped inside of the house for the next 3 days because the weather will continue to be bad, AND I only have 1 day left of diapers for Ella - I don't want to buy any more - and the program requires you to get rid of all diapers. Longest sentence ever.
I have decided to try the program "3 Day Potty Training" and I am not sure how confident I am in the idea of it, but I might as well try! I have heard of it working really well for people. So here is the jist:
-No diapers. period. Ever again.
-I cannot do anything that will distract my attention away from Ella (so if she is starting to go I can rush her to the bathroom - she should always at least finish in the potty)
-I can only use positive reinforcement
-Lots of drinks
-I cannot ask her if she needs to go to the bathroom, or sit her on the potty without her telling me (she needs to feel like she has control, and needs to learn to read her own body, so I will instead constantly remind her to let me know when she needs to go)
-give rewards
-wake her up an hour after she goes to sleep to use bathroom, and an hour before she wakes in the morning to use bathroom
I'm sure there are other rules that I am forgetting. The scariest thing for me is not using diapers anymore... especially at night. I feel like this is crazy, but I am going to try it anyway. No need for advice quite yet, I'll let you all know how it goes!
4 comments:
Way to go, you'll have to let me know if it works better than what we're doing with Lincoln. Although, last night he told me twice in a row he needed to go! THat's a HUGE step for us! Good luck!
I'm so excited to see if it works or not. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Good luck! Let me know if it works! I have heard that potty training never works unless the kids are ready and want to do it. We have stopped trying with Isabelle because she is not interested and sometimes throws fits if she even goes near the potty. I am up for trying this 3 day thing if it works. Can't wait to hear about it!
Charlie pooped his pants on purpose today. Can I just bring him over and you can work on him, too?
Post a Comment