Thursday, June 10, 2010

Potty Training. Done and Done!

Yes, it's true. I have finally potty trained Ella, and she is doing great! The main difference between this attempt and the last one is that she was actually ready this time. She didn't want to wear her baby diapers anymore, and she was ready to move on to her big girl princess underwear. Anything princess is a big draw for her!

I put a Belle barbie doll on the back of the toilet, and every time she sat on the toilet she was allowed to play with it... and if she did her business then I would let her play with it off of the toilet for 5 minutes or so. She also had a sticker chart and would get a few chocolate chips after each time she went. I went straight from diapers to only having her wear underwear, and then pull-ups during naps and night. Even when we are out she is only in underwear. My most proud moment was when we were at Sams Club yesterday and we were across the store from the bathroom... she told me she had to go, we booked it to the bathroom (I was seriously running with the cart - got a lot of weird looks, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do), and she went in the toilet there! She has since told me 2 other times while we were at stores that she needed to go, and has gone.

Hurray for not having to diaper two kids at a time!

10 comments:

Maddy said...

yay ella! that is so great! i really think britton is ready too, but i'm nervous since we're going on planes and stuff if i should do it now or later... but i think i should sieze the day! :) i'm glad she is doing so well!

Shelly Beth said...

Yahoo! Sounds very similar to what we did with Isabelle. Izzy is actually still in pull ups for nap and diapers for bedtime. She stills wets a lot at night. She is getting better with #2 on the potty. I need to just get it over with and stop diapers all the way, but I am too scared to yet! Hopefully you have better luck with Ella! Yeah for potty success. Isn't it refreshing?

Matthew and Hailey said...

Yay!It is so nice not to have to worry about so many diapers. It makes me want to potty train Katie just so I would have no diapers for a few months.

Christine said...

good work!

Becky R. said...

Yea! Congratulations, I wish it were that easy for Lincoln, he is still having too many accidents...but he's been dry at night for a few days now-good sign!

Tiffany said...

YAAAAYY! That's awesome news!

Cami and Juan said...

Awesome news! Sounds like she caught right on. Now you don't have to buy all those diapers times two.

Janelle said...

Way to go! That's gotta be a great feeling!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome! I remember days of having to go to the bathroom in every store. Got kinda old after a while, but definitely better than accidents in a store!

I made sure to give her a big congratulations today when I saw her. She seems really proud of herself- as she should.

Pam said...

That is awesome!