Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and Christmas Setup!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with delicious food, and family! The delicious is just for the food, not family. Craig and I were finally able to have a real Thanksgiving feast which we were so thankful for!

The first Thanksgiving Craig and I shared was in 2005 in Utah when we were dating. We didn't have anywhere to go because both of my siblings out there were going to their spouses families. Craig and I decided to go to a nice dinner, not realizing that every restaurant was closed. We drove around for about 30 minutes, and the only place with their lights on was the Village Inn... so that is where we had our great Thanksgiving feast. The next year we were married and decided to go to the Village Inn again because we thought it was a funny tradition. In 2007 we decided that we didn't want to keep that tradition alive. It was pretty sad and lonely, and we were ready to have a real Thanksgiving. Luckily our great friends Cami and Juan invited us to Cami's family's feast. The food was amazing, and we had so much fun! We did not miss the Village Inn, and hoped to never have another Thanksgiving there!

This year we had our Thanksgiving meal at Craig's grandmas house with a lot of the family from his dad's side. Ella had a lot of fun playing with her cousins and loved eating the green bean casserole, stuffing, corn pudding (for those of you who have never heard of this... it's a southern thing... and delicious), and sweet potatoes. Then just 3 hours later we ate another Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. The food was sooo good, and we were definitely more than stuffed by the end of the day!


Ella and her cousins as Indians

Hanging out in the tepee. I love those leg chubs!!!

Ella and GG (great-grandma) chillaxin. Thanks for the delicious food, GG!



Unfortunately we didn't get pictures of the Rainock Thanksgiving... but it was still a lot of fun! Ella loves playing with her grammie, papa, and uncles. She gets lots of love!


Last night we put up our Christmas decorations! Oh, how I love Christmas. It just feels like a magical time of year... and makes me use phrases that I never would any other time of the year. I have even been listening to Christmas music for weeks now in the house... I usually don't start that early, but I really fell for the marketing strategy this year, and I'm okay with that!

Ella gets close to the tree, but doesn't touch it much... so we aren't too worried. We'll just have to keep our eyes out for her while in the living room.

I'm lookin all cute, Vanna White-ing it.
Can you tell which stocking belongs to each fam member?
It's okay, I know it's tough.

Lastly, here is a video of Ella was my little brother, Cordell. She loves her uncle!!!

7 comments:

Becky R. said...

I'm so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving, and your Christmas decor looks great! Don't you love this time of year! Hey, I made the meatballs you posted-they were great, thanks!

Olivia Goldman said...

Lorel, you look fantabulous in that pic where you're hanging up the stockings! Anyway, I'm happy you guys are living so close to family now so that you can spend your holidays with them. Family is the best!

Christine said...

since you use pharses that you normally don't say, maybe you can adopt "Oh my cute"

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

We were glad that you guys were there too! It is definitely an exciting time of year. I think of it as "magical" too. Have you ever wanted to sleep downstairs by the Christmas tree? I was just thinking about how I love to wake up to CHristmas lights. Maybe I'lll let the kids on a non school night. We are hoping to get our decorations out soon. I'm excited about Pizza Night and Christmas Eve and all things Christmas coming up!See you soon.

Cami and Juan said...

We just decorated too and I just love to make the rest of the house dark and light up the Christmas tree. 2 Thanksgivings, you guys are spoiled.

Janelle said...

It looked like a fun Thanksgiving! I'm glad you got to spend it with your families. Putting up Christmas decorations is so much fun. We did ours over the weekend too. I hope you have a great December!

Taylor Family said...

Way to go Vanna! Two Thanksgiving dinners in one day...I'd die!