Here is a shot from the neighborhood egg hunt. Yes, most of these kids really do live in our small townhouse community. I think there were about 3 who live somewhere else (and quite a few older kids were missing because of school). I am not looking forward to the next month and a half when 6 of the families will be leaving!
Next was the law egg hunt. We had to stop Ella after just a few minutes into it because her basket was already full. They also had an egg hunt for the adults (that was much more challenging), and Craig scored an egg for us with a $25 gift card to an awesome pizza place in town!
That night we dyed eggs
Then the actually day of Easter. When the kids woke up we got them dressed (in their adorable outfits from Craig's mom) and we stayed upstairs and had a little family Easter devotional. Then we headed downstairs where the Easter Bunny had left a trail of jelly beans that lead to the kid's baskets. Ella got some candy, window markers, and the Tangled dvd. Isaac got a Buzz Lightyear action figure, and a box of baby cookies.
Despite all of the fun and crazy Easter activities, we really made a point to center Easter around the Savior. I thought of it as a success when I asked Ella what Easter was about and she didnt say the Easter Bunny, she said, "Jesus died, and that was sad. But then he lived again!"
3 comments:
Still I think your kids are adorable!!! I love your tight knit neighborhood too! I am glad you guys had a happy Easter!
I love the idea of the Easter Devotional. That is a good way to keep the real meaning up front in their minds. What a fun Easter with all of the activities and family and friends. You guys are so loved.
Well said Ella. Their outfits are adorable. I'm still bummed I wasn't here to see everyone on Easter.
Post a Comment