Monday, May 9, 2011

Party Week USA

 While Craig has been writing papers and studying for his final (the is the LAST week... and then law school will be over for good.  Yay!), I have been partying it up!  Okay, not completely - but there have been a couple of big events in the last week that I have gone out and celebrated with girl friends.

First, my neighborhood - the greatest in the world (and I know I have talked about it many times before) - is about to go through some major changes.  Six amazing women will be moving to six different states, and it will be so hard to see them leave.  It is also very strange because this was supposed to be our year to leave as well, since Craig is graduating... but since he landed a job here in Cville, we are happy to be sticking around the neighborhood for a little longer.  So to celebrate our time together, and so say "goodbye" to our friends who will be leaving, we went out to a restaurant called Fellini's downtown.  I had a BLAST to say the least.  We ate good food, watched some flamenco dancing, gave little speeches on each girl leaving, played Taboo, and finished off the night with some karaoke to a live band.  It was pretty hilarious.  

Dinner time

Gearing up to start singing Don't Stop Believing by Journey

 ... and this was during What A Man by Salt N Peppa.  I was the one rapping, and all of the other girls did the "what a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man" chorus.  This picture was taken when I was rapping the line "you so crazy, I think I wanna have yo' baby."  You can probably tell what this guy is pretending to do... and what we thought about it.

The whole group!  (Minus one who was sick)

and here is a video of part of Don't Stop Believing.  Although we sound awful, and look crazy, I really love this video because it shows how much fun we had!  Love these girls!

 

The next party was a couple of nights later... my friend Gemma's bachelorette party in Richmond.  I'm glad we could have some of Gemma's closest friends together to celebrate her last couple of weeks as a single lady, and her upcoming nuptials.  I am so excited to be a part of her big day in a couple of weeks! 

Looks like the girl behind us is trying to (unsuccessfully) dodge being in this picture.  But I really like it of the beautiful bride-to-be and me.

 Gemma and one of her bridesmaids, Ashleigh, breakin it down

 Getting close to the end of the night, and getting a little tired.

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Party Mama. Ha ha, fun times! I can't believe you have so many young friends in that neighborhood. Thank goodness you get to stay. We are looking into finding places in Texas now. It is a bit of a nightmare. Hope a find a place even half as nice as yours!

Pam said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Love the video- looks like it was a ton of fun!