In the last little bit I have tried to work on Ella putting the letters together to form words. She is really starting to catch on. She knows how to read a lot of "at" words (cat, hat, bat, mat, fat, flat, etc), and other words as well (i, see, sam). The tricky part is going from sounding out each letter, to blending the sounds together to make the word. I have been using the reading system called I See Sam (hence the other words she reads... they are the ONLY words in the books from the learning system so far) that was recommended to me by a good friend of mine. It is really old school and simple, and maybe that is why I like it. My friend said that she actually learned to read on this system. Ella is only on book 2 of the first group of books... but is really starting to catch on (I bought them a few months ago and tried them out with her and she just was not ready at all, so I didn't push it. She then saw them on the shelf and wanted to try them again about a week ago - this time she is much more interested).
Here she is reading a few words
Also, I bought Ella some window markers... so she now draws on our windows non-stop and loves it. Another very new development - she can write her name.
We are very proud of Ella learning these new things!
6 comments:
That is so awesome! Tell her I am proud of her too! Smart girl.
That's amazing. What a smart girl!
"Are you proud of me?" Cutest ever. She is awesome! Only 2 years old, good mothering skills Lorel. It is still inconceivable to me that we are going to teach Amelia a full language. And now reading too, yikes.
And of course I meant 3 years old. Man, time sure flies.
Sooo smart! That takes a lot of time for you to teach her too! Good job to both of you!
And I's walking is so cute too!
She's one smart cookie. Lyssie knows her letters and sounds, but like I said, until she starts talking reading is out of the question!
Post a Comment