Between June 3rd - 7th we had painters in our home every morning painting basically the entire downstairs of the house. It was a little crazy with the kids, and the chaos, but we got through it and are so happy with how everything looks now. We got an awesome deal with the painters, and are happy that we went that route rather than trying to conquer it ourselves, because if we had we would probably still have paint buckets and ladders throughout the house!
What a big difference a new color pallete makes on a house! I will post some before and afters on another post... some day.
After the painting was complete, I became very inspired to switch out all of the light switches and plugs from tan to a new bright white. After watching a few videos on YouTube and having a few questions answered by the painters, I felt pretty confident in my ability to get it all done. I did them all within a few days, and was only electrocuted once! I was pretty proud of myself, and my master electrician abilities.
Craig also channeled his inner handy man and put together some new dining chairs and a table for us
The kids spent a ton more time outside, and with their new buddies (and next door neighbors!!! Awesome set-up, huh?)
On June 10th Eve put her first nastiest item ever in her mouth - a little SLUG! No slugs were harmed during the process. You might also be interested in knowing that this is no longer the nastiest item she has ever put in her mouth. More on that one during the month of August.
On June 11 the kids and I visited my mom for her birthday.
And on June 16th we celebrated Craig being an all-star dad! He's pretty great.
We spent many days at our neighborhoods pool. Maybe even almost every day (unless it was raining/storming, of course, which happened WAY too much this summer).
Ella spent many hours drawing during the month of June.
And I gave her a little lesson on how to draw a more realistic looking face. Can you believe the difference in her drawing skills from a year earlier and now? Craig and I are pretty impressed with our artist! The drawing on the left was from June 2012, and the one on the right was from June 2013.
We enrolled Ella in an art camp during the week of June 17th. During the camp their main focus was drawing/painting, but they also included theater, dance, and yoga.
On June 24th Dr Isaac helped Ella the ballerina.
At the beginning of June our playroom went from being complete chaos, to a more organized chaos with the new Ikea bookcases. We enjoyed having our good friends from Huntwood over to play!
And Ella and Isaac enjoyed eating snacks and being crazy together.
And some of the neighborhood kids enjoyed playing with and starring at Eve through the window.
Isaac looked like this a lot this summer from all of the running around and playing... and he is NOT a napper.
At the very end of June we spent a couple of days with my parents before meeting up with Craig's family at the beginning of July for lots of family time at the river and beach! More on that in the next post!
Ella and Isaac had some fun sprinkler play in my parents backyard.
and Eve hung out with Uncle Orin.
... and what else would you do with water shooting up from under you??? It's just too obvious.

















4 comments:
I am loving these updates! Your house is so beautiful. And Eve is so big! You have inspired me with your painting and colorful home.
I'm so glad you posted again. I LOVE your home. It made me miss Virginia. It is so beautiful there. I love the colors you chose. Your part about the Renessaince Festival had me laughing out loud! What an experience. I hope we can come visit someday. I miss C'ville.
We love seeing your photos and what you are up to. I'm really looking forward to your before/after photos of your house. So glad it's been a good summer for you.
All of your photos look so beautiful! This post and all of your posts!
Post a Comment