Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Rest of July 2013

The rest of July was spent playing outside, playing with friends, going to the pool, and hanging out at home mainly. I also surprised Craig with a night away for his big 30th bday at the end of July.

Here is our month in pictures:

The kids and their friends (next door neighbors) found this awesome frog.  It was very serious.

... and Isaac and his buddy did their usual pirate play.


Ella killed a fly with the fly swatter and was pretty excited/grossed out.

I took some photos of the kids doing what they do best in their own spaces.  This is their life:

I love Isaacs little pose with his fingers.  Haha!  He cracks me up.  This is how my boy jumps onto his bed...


and this is how my girl does it.

Eve in her space




Ella in her space



Sisters



And this is what Isaac looks like when he "spends time with his blankets."
And through my iphone:

 Something tells me a boy has been through here.

From July 15-19th, Ella spent every morning attending kindergarten camp at her elementary school.  This gave the teachers an opportunity to meet the kids, see where they were developmentally, see what kids clashed/got along well, and sort them into their classes.  I thought that was such an awesome idea, and had never heard of it before.  This is how Ella went to camp one of those days.  I thought it was a bit much, but it would have broken her heart if I had told her so!

I just love this picture of my beautiful baby

During that same trip to Target I got an AWESOME deal on this chair.  $45 because of that spot!  It is normally $175!  I am sitting on it as I type :)

For Craigs 30th b-day I surprised him with a night away.  We took a tour of Monticello (which neither of us had done since we were kids... and we have lived in this city for 5 years!  That is just sad.), went to a spanish tapas restaurant called Mas, and spent the night at the Boars Head with their bed and breakfast package.  It was really so so nice!  This was our first time EVER doing a little getaway without the kids.  Seriously.  So we loved it, and my parents were so awesome to watch the kids for us.



When we got back, we saw that Ella and my dad had done some little drawing lessons


In July we also spent a ton of time at the pool, and Ella took some swimming lessons. At the beginning of the summer Ella was basically terrified to be in the water without hanging onto the wall or a person, and because of these lessons she has gained SO much confidence and swims a thousand times better!
Isaac continued to be fearless.

We also did a little puppy-sitting for a friend, which was fun, but also made us realize that we'd like to just get used to 3 kids and a house of our own a while longer before adding an animal to the family.

Evidence that Craig had a birthday.

We bought Ella and new (to us) full-sized bed and bedding off of Craigslist that month.  Ellas bed is so pretty, girly, and cozy, and she just loves it.

Facebook worthy quotes from July:

Ella: "Mom, I was singing so beautiful that my eyes watered up from my own singing! For real! That happens to me a lot."

No comments: