Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Rest of May

Besides visiting with family, and the big move into our new house, we did a few other things in May.  Here's a look at the rest of that month through some photos...

We played at the house a bit.

 Evie soothed herself the best way she knows how. 

Isaac and Ella played outside a lot, and got really sweaty...

... and played inside a lot and got really costumey.

I (finally) settled on the pallet for the bottom floor, after a lot of stress, and maybe a few tears.  The only color missing is the kitchen color which is a very light blue/green/gray.    

We went on walks and bike rides

Ella finished up her second and last year of preschool!  Ella had such an awesome preschool experience with great classmates, and such wonderful and loving teachers.  I wouldn't have changed anything at all, and am a little sad that Isaac will not be attending the same school. 

Here is her class during their end of year performance.  And there is my girl in the white dress.

Some of Ella's masterpieces made it to the wall in the classroom. This was during her unicorn phase. ha!

As a goodbye present, Ella's teacher knitted every child a pair of socks!  How cool is that?!

 Ella with her two best school buds.

 On May 24th we decided to check out the Virginia Renaissance Festival, which was fun... a little interesting... and every so often a little weird.


This guy was pretty entertaining for us all.

We all enjoyed seeing everyone dress up, and stay in character (...a little too easily...?).  For those who are really into this kind of thing, this is really their time to SHINE!  

 Ella and Isaac shared some sweet sibling moments while watching the jousting.


And at the end of the day, Isaac was knighted by the queen!

 And, you know, the whole kneeling on the pillow is just a formality.  I'm sure it was still legit. (On a side note, Ella was in complete awe of the queen the entire day.  Everyone made a big deal of the queen being there, and there was a lot of shouting, "God save the Queen!"  That definitely made it a lot of fun for the kids.)


Along with all of the Renaissance people, towards the end of the day there was also a lot of people dressed as fairies, in super revealing fairy costumes...sooo, that was a little strange and out of place.  But I guess where else would they be able to pull off wearing that kind of costume?!

By the end of the day our princess and knight were completely exhausted!

 On May 30th I turned the big 2-8, which made me actually feel pretty young, considering I am already a mom of three!  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  That morning I was spoiled with breakfast in bed, and three awesome cards.





And this is what I looked like the day I turned 28.
 
On May 31st - June 1st we went on a little family trip up to D.C. where we took a detour to Ikea, went to the Smithsonian's National Zoo, spent the night at the Marriot where we played in the pool and had a surprisingly okay night sleep-wise.  The next day we attended our wards temple trip where the parents took turns (in two sessions) attending the temple and the kids hiked and did some kid Olympics.  It was a lot of fun and VERY hot!



---------------------------------------------
Facebook worthy quotes from May:

After Ella's Kindergarten orientation

Me: So did you make any friends?
Ella: Mom, nice girls always make a lot of friends... so yeah.

-----------------------------------------------

May was a big month for us.  There was a lot that needed to be done, and a lot that didn't need to be done but that was too fun to pass up!

No comments: