On May 15th we closed on our house! The whole house hunting thing
was a pretty stressful process, but it ended up being mostly pain free
by the end. When we decided that we wanted to buy a house there was
very little on the market that fit our qualifications. Many of the
houses that were in our price range in Charlottesville were not much of a
step up from our townhouse. We were originally wanting to stay in
Charlottesville, but became more and more open to (and even started to
prefer) the idea of living in Crozet, a beautiful town about 15 minutes
to the west of downtown Cville. We knew many families who lived in
Crozet (it is within our same church boundries), and had heard really
nothing but absolutely positive things about it. As luck would have it,
we found the perfect house for us that was within our budget and fit
all of major qualifications!
We have been beyond happy
living here. We love our neighborhood, there are tons of little kids
that are the same ages as ours, the people have all been so nice and
welcoming, and the school district is awesome!
May 18th
was our move out and move in day. We had about 8 guys help load up our
truck that morning, which ended up taking no more than 1 hour to do
since everything was all packed and ready to go. This is the only
picture I have of our moving-out-of-Huntwood process. Lame huh?
...
And these are the pretty much the only pictures I have of the move-in
experience. Unloading the truck was even faster than loading, taking
about 45 minutes with the help of 8 guys again. And thankfully my mom
was on baby duty, and my mother-in-law was on Ella and Isaac duty... so I
was free to unload as well, and direct the men.
And
here is our house! We love the flowering trees and bushes, lush greenery,
rolling hills, and the views of the Blue Ridge Mountains from our home.
Front
The side, we are on a hilly corner that is a beast to mow!
and the beautiful views!
I
also love that this is what it looks like directly across the street of
our house, rather than having someone live right there. The person
who's property that is bought two plots of land (he said he was the
first person to build in the neighborhood), so there will never be
another house there.
... and very soon after we moved in, this became my life








3 comments:
Gorgeous home! I can't wait to see the rest!
I love it! It's beautiful. And I'm very jealous too :)
I love it! It's beautiful. And I'm a little jealous too :)
Post a Comment