Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Part of May 2013 - Sisters, Cordell's Send-Off

The first part of May (May 2nd & 3rd) was a little piece of heaven for me - I got to spend some quality time with my sisters and mom on a little girls night away.   We went to Williamsburg for some outlet shopping (where we bought our elephant sister necklaces), and a delicious lunch at The Terrace.  We then headed on to Va Beach.  We stayed at the Springhill Suites on the beach front and it was so nice and clean!  That was a BIG contrast from the nasty place where we stayed the year before.  We walked along the beach a few times, ate some awesome Thai food, ate some awesome Cheesecake Factory food, laughed a lot, and had some much fun together.  I love my sisters so much, and I don't know what I'd do without them.  They are truly my best friends!  Here are a few photos from the trip:

All of us together... at a gas station on the way to Williamsburg

Oh yeah, I had a little companion for our trip.  Here she is sleeping with a blanket over her car seat to block out the sun.  I spy a toe!

At the beach!  My mom, myself, and my baby.

 Okay, so I guess we didn't many pictures of all of us together.  Bummer.  Here are some of me and Eve on the beach.



We came back from the beach, and said our final goodbyes to my awesome little brother, Cordell, who went back on his mission to Argentina on May 6th.  He had come back a while earlier, stayed with my sister and her family in Utah for a bit, and then drove back with my sister, Cora, to VA for a quick visit before heading back out to Argentina.  We love that guy, and Craig, the kids, and I miss him a ton.  Here are some pictures from the day he left:

Dad finishing up some storyboards before the send off, and Cordell sword fighting with Isaac.

Lenore and Mom

Lookin awesome, Cora!

Cordell with his sisters and mom. Mom was still able to hold it together a little...

...but I had a feeling it wouldn't last long.

Off to the airport!

And Ella finished off the goodbye with a cool dance!

1 comment:

Olivia Goldman said...

What a fun girls' getaway! Love Ella's dance pose. She almost looks like she could be doing the haka (that traditional Maori dance the new Zealand rugby team does right before their games).