Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween!



Halloween was a ton of fun this year! Friday and Saturday were packed full with local activities and family time. Every year at UVa on the main campus, they have trick or treating on The Lawn. The students living in the dorms surrounding The Lawn (who are the best/most involved students, and who have to be invited to live there) pass out tons of candy to all of the kids. It is just a huge/crazy/fun family event. Ella, who was supposed to be a witch, ended up be a little ladybug - because apparently I will never be a cute costume-making kind of mom.

We had a lot of fun checking out the costumes of everyone else. Ella wasn't scared of any of the ghosts, monsters, scream faces, witches... but then when a little girl dressed as Elmo caught her eye she cried and clung on to Craig like her life depended on it! Weird!

We also did some pumpkin carving, and took Ella trick or treating around the neighborhood.



Isn't the campus so beautiful?



Trick or Treat!


Our pumpkin (before the crazy squirrels got to it!)

6 comments:

Deborah said...

I was looking at your pictures and your family is really just a bunch of really good looking people.

Lara said...

oh my heck! isn't she the cutest lady bug you've ever seen! i love that costume on her.. you'd better keep her locked up when she gets a little older ;) really cute pictures! i love halloween, its such a fun time of year!

Cami and Juan said...

I am loving Ella's hair with those curls. And I see your baby bump in one of the pictures, so cute.

Taylor Family said...

I didn't even notice the liner on Ella's eyes until I saw your blog. What a creative touch. On the Ella being scared of Elmo note, Clayton used to be most afraid of Rainbows. Figure that one out!

Becky R. said...

Somehow I missed this post, you guys are getting good with that camera! Ella is a doll!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Very cute! Glad you guys had a fun weekend!